Recently the hashtag #FirstSevenJobs has been floating around Twitter. After reading a few lists from others, I started thinking about my own. I had actually forgotten one of my early jobs and seeing this topic sparked my memory.
I think it’s sometimes a good thing to take a moment and reflect on from whence you came. So here goes – my first seven jobs. I am not including jobs prior to age 18.
- Book re-shelver at Loyola College bookstore
- Sales associate at Lerner New York (now New York & Co.)
- Food server at Boston Chicken (now Boston Market)
- Administrative Assistant (government agency)
- Personnel Assistant (government agency)
- Development Assistant (nonprofit service organization)
- Human Resources Assistant (nonprofit trade association)
It’s been a bit of a odd ride but it’s brought me to where I am now.
What were your first seven jobs?